Six outstanding Saskatchewan citizens have been selected to be invested with the Saskatchewan Order of Merit, the province’s highest honour, during a ceremony in May.
The 2018 recipients are:
- National Chief Perry Bellegarde, Assembly of First Nations, Little Black Bear First Nation;
- Gail Bowen, Author, Regina;
- Dr. Robert Calder, Professor Emeritus and Author, Saskatoon;
- Maurice Delage, President of Delage Farms Ltd., Indian Head;
- Thelma Pepper, Photographic Artist, Saskatoon; and
- Neil Richards, LGBT Archivist and Activist, Saskatoon (posthumous).
Warmest congratulations to all, along with heartfelt thanks for their contributions to our community.
To learn more about the Saskatchewan Order of Merit, please click here.